8/25/2010

The Sea

Jonathan has always loved the sea. We’ve spent many vacations in Denmark by beautiful beaches. Our favorite moments are late evenings, when the sun is setting and the beach is almost empty, counting the waves and jump away for the big 7th one… I thought it’d be perfect to use one of my favorite Denmark photos (this one is from 2008) on my first official layout as a Riddersholm Design DT member. I loved how these papers from the Happy Party line had the brown/beige sandy colors and hints of pinks just like the sky on the photo. 

hav 2 I stamped, embossed and fussy cut the swirl and poppies and I love how they turned out. There is still time to participate in Riddersholm Design’s WATER/BEACH THEME CHALLENGE!!! Due date is August 29th. All the details can be found HERE (in Danish… lol).

I used the gorgeous sketch by Dilorf for the monthly Sketch Challenge over at Svensk Scrapbooking (Swedish Forum).

I have a card too, also made with Riddersholm’s papers. This time from the Turquoise Hill collection. I did a tent card, using my mom’s new Nestabilities dies. Why didn’t I get a set of these???? Oh well, I’m waiting for two other sets (bought BEFORE my non shopping challenge started, only not arrived yet since they are new releases and my shop must be at the bottom of Spellbinder’s delivery list) and I think I’ll love them too.

Spead... The bird and sentiment are from the Prickley Pear  Build a Bird set.  The card is made for Sketchy Colors  sketch challenge #35. FUN sketch with loooots of layers. I simplified some…

Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely Wednesday night!!!

Tesa

8 comments:

Linda said...

De er virkelige fine dit LO og dit kort. Jeg gad også godt eje den Nestabilities dies den er lækker. Kan du også have en god aften :0)

Cindy Gay said...

Very pretty layout. Nice mood piece.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Tesa!! these are GORGEOUS!!! I love love love that photo on your lo and the paper tearing and loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee that bird on your card! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Annika kort & gott said...

Underbara alster och fotot är superhärligt!
kram Annika

Anonymous said...

this is just simply gorgeous. Love both your projects.. especially the birdie card. Love it!

Mia KL said...

Jösses vilken snygg LO den översta. Helt underbar tolkning av skissen.

annes paperfun said...

Så flott LO og nydelig kort!
Likte så godt fuglen og dybden i kortet!
Takk for at du deltar hos sketchy colors.
Klem Anne

li-bee-ti said...

How did I miss this stunning lo?!
I must have been dreaming... LOL
Excelent job, my dear friend! I love every little detail of it.