8/28/2010

King of the play ground

Happy Saturday! We are having a cloudy and rainy day here (just like the last month or so…) But I’m not complaining. It’s a perfect day for what I will be doing – cleaning the house and scrapbook.

I started with making a layout this morning with a photo from spring 2008. Dear son is playing off, calling himself “king of the play ground” and constantly yelling “Mom, check me out!!! Jag ÄGER” (the last part not possible to translate really, a direct translation is I own (meaning I am the best, sort of).

han äger I used some of my favorite stuff on this one – stamps from Prickley Pear (stains and crown) and Magnolia (banner), patterned paper from GCD studios, my last cardboard chippie from Inkido, and I used my oh so loooved Double Loops Edge punch from MS. No flowers and no lace. I don’t know what happened…

I’ve had several questions lately about my edge punch, and it’s not a new one, only a slightly modified Double Loops. I simply cut off the outer loop. and there you have a single loop.

Edgepunch

I used this fabbie sketch #118 from Creative Scrappers:

I also made this page for Amy’s Flashback 2.0 challenge. That devious woman is challenging her readers to make a new layout AND post it together with ones FIRST ever scrapbook page. Scheeez. Well, I can do that. I’m not sure this is the first, cause I did two at the same time working on them for several weeks… But this layout is the first page in my first album, so this one it is.

Flisan Well, what can I say… I had been shopping some papers in December 2006  (Basic Grey and Chatterbox) but I could not cut them… I was patting them for a month or so and decided early in 2007 to get to business. Still couldn’t cut in them… so I used some cardstock, paint and lace instead… I got the flower pattern from an IKEA box, and look at the lace!!! I loved lace right from the beginning. And black cardstock.  Look at my westie!!!! She was the cutest EVER!!!!

I’m off for some house cleaning. When it’s done, I’ll have the afternoon free for scrapbooking! YAY! Hope you have a super Saturday!!! Thanks for stopping by!!!

Tesa

11 comments:

Linda said...

Hvor er de fine dine begge dine LO'er. Kan du have en god weekend :0)

li-bee-ti said...

Oh, Tesa, I love the two of them!
Your son is really the king! :)
Did I see ink on that lo?..... LOL
Great take on that sketch and lovely dp.
I'm so happy to see that you've had some time to scrap and even more - you'll have some more time for it later! Something to wait for.
Hugs

Suzanne said...

Loving your page with the sketch (thanks for joining in at Creative Scrappers) - the bold use of colour and embellishments is perfect.

Kim said...

thankyou for visiting my blog, your cards and layouts are just delightful...

Maritha said...

Vilka fina LO!!
Kram

Sherry Eckblad said...

Love the first layout so fun with the banners, and crown. Your flashback layout is fantastic mine looks like my little niece did it so am still deciding if I will share or not. lol

~amy~ said...

Tesa!!!! Your first layout is wonderful, your boy is the king:). Your choice of colors with the pic is perfect!!!! It is sooo striking!

Thanks for playing the flashback 2.0....check out your layout!!!! Isn't it fun to discover you used lace, even from the start!!!! You know your layout is really quite fabbie, natural talent my friend!! I love the black & white..so very classic! Thanks for playing tesa!!! I love seeing how people have changed & what was always with them from the start...

Cindy Gay said...

Like the corrugated cardboard star that is misted and the punched border under the title.

Rose said...

oh both are wonderful and he looks like he is having a blast!! how clever of you to modify your boarder punch!! i am still looking for that one :)
yikes! were we to make a new layout for amy??? i must not have read right..........oh well LOL

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I love love love love love love that lo!! That photo is ADORABLE and loveeeeeeeeeeeeee the title and the banner!! And LOVING your flashback lo! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Irena said...

Lovely pages.