8/08/2010

A Card, some Great News, an Award and a super difficult Challenge

Hi folks! It’s my second post today, scroll down for my Super Sketchy Sunday Post, or click HERE.  It would have been a too long blog post if I’d written it all in one. This one is too long (be warned!!!) Anyway, I’ll start with the card, and you can totally skip the rest if you are not the reading type of visitor! :D

A card:

KramarI really loved the sketch over at Sketchy Colors today, and it was ages since I last played over there, so I thought it was about time!  So I used up some of the Riddersholm scraps left from the layout I did yesterday. Tried a gradient stamping technique, and well, for being a first it’s ok. Here is the sketch.

I’m also entering the card in wee Memories butterfly challenge. Got to love butterflies!!!

Some Great News:

I was asked to join the fantastic Design Team of Riddersholm Design!!! Wahooo!  I’m over the moon, looooove the vintage gorgeousness of their papers!!!  As you might have noticed… :D

I’ve used some of their papers already since Ljuva Änglar (my LSS) has all four lines in store and I tend to shop A LOT OF PAPER (more about that further down in the super difficult challenge section). Anyway, I can’t wait to get going on this task! :):):) (Making a third Julie special here… lol).

An Award:

Now over to the award. Sweet Li-bee ti gave me an award the other day. Thank you!!!! 

Here is what you should do with the award:

1. Thank the person who gave it to you.
2. Tell 7 things about yourself
3. Pass the award to 5 bloggers whom you think are fantastic

Okidoki, here we go

1. I wake up every morning at 5.25 – 5.35. It’s like a built in watch that came out of nowhere two years ago.  Probably age…

2. I have no single musical gene in my body. I can’t clap my hands along with music if so my life depended upon it.

3. I’m a very shy person who often feel awkward in new social situations. People who knows me tend to forget, cause I’m pretty loud and outspoken when feeling safe…

4. My greatest interest besides scrapbooking right now is manure. And the efficient handling of manure in the early 19th century.

5. I love ice cream. Soooo much. Raspberry sorbet… mmmmm, or a really creamy and rich vanilla with strawberries. Ahhhhhh.

6. I used to be a soccer goal keeper for many years. And I was good. That is no more. :P

7. I haven’t traveled much, but once I have my PhD we will save up for a trip to USA. That is the deal. And I can’t wait!

And I’m supposed to pass it over to five of my blogging buddies who I think are fantastic. You all are!!! 

Mom – she started her first blog last month, makes beautiful cards with her only eye and is the best mom there is. She is fantastic!

Ulrika – I’m the chairman of her ever growing fan club. She is fantastic and über talented and blogs waaaay to seldom!!! (You hear!)

Annika – Makes the most gorgeous clean and crisp cards I’ve seen. Love her fantastic style!

Anna – Teheee, I always get a big smile on my face when thinking about this fantastic person and her hilarious blog.
Li-bee ti – I know, I got it from her, but she is fantastic and a super friend and I have to give it back.

A Super Difficult Challenge

I’ve decided to participate in a no shopping challenge. Yep, you heard it… I’m surprised myself, but it feels good. I sat this morning with my three filled boxes of paper and wined… I have nothing to use… Oh scheeez… So when I saw the call about this challenge over at Svensk Scrapbooking it was a done deal. So here are my personal rules:

The over all goal is to use my stash and my DT products and NOT buy anything new except must haves like adhesives and cardstock until I’ve created 50 projects. After the Karlstad scrapbook crop and fair, I’ll continue until I’ve made another 50. Phew. It’s going to be a tough one!

Wish me luck!!!

If you are with me all the way – WOW! lol! :D and thanks!!!

Tesa

18 comments:

Ulrika said...

Åh herregud, här har jag massor att kommentera!

För det första - underbart kort! Är nyfiken på det där gradient stamping du pratar om, kom genast hit och visa!!!

Och sen - stort GRATTIS till DT-uppdraget!!! Jag blir inte ett dugg förvånad eftersom du är typ bäst i världen (KFIB, jag vet) mend GUD så roligt uppdrag!

Nästa - kul fakta om dig! En del hade jag på känn, annat är helt nytt. Fotbollsmålis??? Wow!

Och så - tack för utmärkelsen! Jag SKA blogga oftare, men allt jag gjort den senaste månaden är helmigt serru! Men efter Formex så ... ;)

Det gläder mig att du i alla fall gör ett avbrott i shoppingstoppet under mässan och träffen. Kan ju bara tänka mig hur odräglig du skulle vara med allt godis omkring dig och inga pengar i plånboken ... Hahaha! Jag har inte ens övervägt att vara med i utmaningen, klickade alldeles nyss hem en förbeställning på lite nice Timpa-dies som kommer i oktober ...

Kram hördu, vi kan väl ses snart???

li-bee-ti said...

I'm with you, girl, all the way, by all means!
The card is awesome! I love the folor combo. The stamping and the butterflies are gorgeous.
Thank you so much for giving me back the award!!!! I'm honored.

I need to join you with this very tough challenge! Not shopping.... Way to go, Tesa!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh I love love love love that card and loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee learning more about you....and total luck headed your way with using your stash! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Minkamera said...

Vad söt DU är!!!!

Michele Gross said...

Oh, pure gorgeousness! Congrats on your new DT!! Very exciting :) Glad you joined us at Wee Memories!

Sherry Eckblad said...

beautiful card and you always have the best ribbons and lace on them.
I see we have the SHY thing in common. Most people would not know that I am shy but put me in with a new group of people and I clam up until I get to know you.

Anonymous said...

This card is fabulous! Love everything about it! Thanks for playing along with us at Wee Memories :)

Unknown said...

Congrats on the DT! and good luck with the no shopping challenge.

Isha Gupta said...

Congratulations. Super cool card...love it and thanks for leaving sweet comment on my blog and becoming a follower. Thats my motivation as I am quite new to stamping :)

Hanne said...

Virkelig et stilig kort! Nydelig fargekombinasjon!
Hanne

Anne said...

What a gorgeous card- love the distressing and those butterflies. Congrats on the DT assignment too!

Annie@Ambriel said...

This card is just gorgeous. Love the vintage look. Love the butterflies. WOnderful colour combo :D

Annika kort & gott said...

Kortet är helt enkelt LJUVLIGT! Grattis till DT uppdraget, ska bli spännande att se vad du hittar på för kul.

Alltid kul att läsa lite fakta om personer vars bloggar man följer. Stort tack för awarden och inte minst för dina fina ord om mina kort!

Jag har ett eget litet köpstopp, eller rättare sagt jag har ambitionen att använda det jag har. Lycka till med ditt köpstopp!
kram Annika
kram Annika

Ann said...

Beautiful! Thanks for playing with us Wee Memories girls!

Laurel said...

Oh this is stunning, thanks for playing at Wee Memories!

Maya said...

Fyyyfaderulland så lekkert!!
Nydelige farger, lekre detaljer og så stilig stemple-teknikk!
Vakkert, rett å slett!
Takk for at du deltar hos SC,
klem fra Maya

Court said...

What a gorgeous card! Congratulations on making the Design Team! Thanks so much for playing at Wee Memories!

Rose said...

beautiful card, # 4 on your list is very interesting! lol
CONGRATS on the new DT girl :)
oh my that is the hardest challenge i have ever heard of!! best of luck to you :)

i am behind in my blogging so sorry i am late getting here!