Hi folks! It’s my second post today, scroll down for my Super Sketchy Sunday Post, or click HERE. It would have been a too long blog post if I’d written it all in one. This one is too long (be warned!!!) Anyway, I’ll start with the card, and you can totally skip the rest if you are not the reading type of visitor! :D
I really loved the sketch over at Sketchy Colors today, and it was ages since I last played over there, so I thought it was about time! So I used up some of the Riddersholm scraps left from the layout I did yesterday. Tried a gradient stamping technique, and well, for being a first it’s ok. Here is the sketch.
I’m also entering the card in wee Memories butterfly challenge. Got to love butterflies!!!
Some Great News:
I was asked to join the fantastic Design Team of Riddersholm Design!!! Wahooo! I’m over the moon, looooove the vintage gorgeousness of their papers!!! As you might have noticed… :D
I’ve used some of their papers already since Ljuva Änglar (my LSS) has all four lines in store and I tend to shop A LOT OF PAPER (more about that further down in the super difficult challenge section). Anyway, I can’t wait to get going on this task! :):):) (Making a third Julie special here… lol).
Now over to the award. Sweet Li-bee ti gave me an award the other day. Thank you!!!!
Here is what you should do with the award:
|1. Thank the person who gave it to you.|
|2. Tell 7 things about yourself|
|3. Pass the award to 5 bloggers whom you think are fantastic|
Okidoki, here we go
1. I wake up every morning at 5.25 – 5.35. It’s like a built in watch that came out of nowhere two years ago. Probably age…
2. I have no single musical gene in my body. I can’t clap my hands along with music if so my life depended upon it.
3. I’m a very shy person who often feel awkward in new social situations. People who knows me tend to forget, cause I’m pretty loud and outspoken when feeling safe…
4. My greatest interest besides scrapbooking right now is manure. And the efficient handling of manure in the early 19th century.
5. I love ice cream. Soooo much. Raspberry sorbet… mmmmm, or a really creamy and rich vanilla with strawberries. Ahhhhhh.
6. I used to be a soccer goal keeper for many years. And I was good. That is no more. :P
7. I haven’t traveled much, but once I have my PhD we will save up for a trip to USA. That is the deal. And I can’t wait!
And I’m supposed to pass it over to five of my blogging buddies who I think are fantastic. You all are!!!
Mom – she started her first blog last month, makes beautiful cards with her only eye and is the best mom there is. She is fantastic!
|Ulrika – I’m the chairman of her ever growing fan club. She is fantastic and über talented and blogs waaaay to seldom!!! (You hear!)|
Annika – Makes the most gorgeous clean and crisp cards I’ve seen. Love her fantastic style!
|Anna – Teheee, I always get a big smile on my face when thinking about this fantastic person and her hilarious blog.|
|Li-bee ti – I know, I got it from her, but she is fantastic and a super friend and I have to give it back.|
A Super Difficult Challenge
I’ve decided to participate in a no shopping challenge. Yep, you heard it… I’m surprised myself, but it feels good. I sat this morning with my three filled boxes of paper and wined… I have nothing to use… Oh scheeez… So when I saw the call about this challenge over at Svensk Scrapbooking it was a done deal. So here are my personal rules:
The over all goal is to use my stash and my DT products and NOT buy anything new except must haves like adhesives and cardstock until I’ve created 50 projects. After the Karlstad scrapbook crop and fair, I’ll continue until I’ve made another 50. Phew. It’s going to be a tough one!
Wish me luck!!!
If you are with me all the way – WOW! lol! :D and thanks!!!