1/01/2010

Happy New Year!

I wish you all a Happy 2010! And I hope you all had a lovely New Year's Celebration yesterday. We did. Wonderful food and mostly happy children... We've been visiting my parent over the New Year and my brother and my two nieces came too. Their mother and baby brother is still in the hospital, and will stay there for quite some time, but they are both doing well considering.
My mum wanted me to help her out with a few cards and who am I to reject some card making??? LOL! She has quite a stash that she uses way to little, but I was happy to dig into her pile of papers... This first card is for my brother and sister in law, it contains their Christmas presents from my mum and dad - some help and equipment building their house. I had free hands and I decided to play along with the 365 cards challenge - Digging deep. I can tell you, it was NOT hard to find stuff in the bottom of the drawers that she got AGES ago and have still never used...

It applies to most of the products used, but i especially remember the stamp which we both bought one each of over two years ago. It was still in it's little zip bag... And the Tombows that the stamp is colored with, she bought last Christmas - I helped her chose colors. Never used by her...

Next two cards are Good Luck with the New Year cards for two friends. She wanted them done with two of her favorite foldings. The Easel and a pop up card.


This rose was also unused, and I love it. She wanted this card to sparkle, so there is a lot of glitter and bling on it. I used the fab sketch SASSC46 from Our Creative Corner.
Finally a simple Pop Up card. No bling!
These cards were quick fixes while the kids were out playing in the snow and drinking hot cocoa. Considering that and the fact that the only own stuff I brought was some of my nesties (can't travel without them... lol) I'm ok with them. But I do long after my own stash, and my new fab stamps... I have some AMAZING stamps to work with in January!!!

Have a wonderful weekend and a happy beginning of the new year!
Tesa

9 comments:

~amy~ said...

Love all your cards!!! How nice that you & your mom can craft together!!!! Happy new year & thanks for playing with me over @ 365 cards!

Conchita said...

Beautifulllll your card!!!
Happy New Year
Kiss

Do What You Love said...

Hi Tesa - so nice of you to stop by my blog and leave such wonderful comments - thank you. I really enjoyed browsing through your blog. Wow, what great crafts you've created! I especially love the easel card where the image pops up like that - stunning! Have a great day and Happy New Year! ;D

Cindy Gay said...

Wow on both cards. Love the little person and the pop up in the top card. Love the paper lace in both cards.

Ulrika said...

Snacka om win-win! Din mamma fick vackra kort gjorda och du fick leka fritt i hennes gömmor! Hi hi! Underbara kort, och precis som din mamma så är easel och pop-up mina favvisar. I alla fall när det är dui som gjort dem. Ha en underbar fortsättning på det nya året! Kraaaam!

Lea L. said...

Very pretty cards!! Love the stamping! Great job with the 365 challenge!

♥Lea

Melisa Waldorf said...

Girl these are all fabulous! I haven't tried the pop-up or easel card before. I like them alot!

Pam said...

Such a darling stamp for the 365 challenge - you've made great use of it!!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Gorgeous cards and work Tesa! Your layouts are amazing, Thanks for playing along with us over at Stamps and Smiles!! Hugs & Smiles, Jennifer :)