1/08/2010

Friendship…

…must be nurtured and the first thing I thought of when I saw the 365 Cards Braiding challenge was the Friendship bracelets we used to do when I was young…ehhrm…er. And that instantly made me think of the cutest sentiment ever which I’ve been cuddling for a while, saving for something special. The card was done. Almost. Needed to remember how one did those bracelets first… I did a quick search and found loads of tutorials and inspiration. I ended up using THIS side. It got back to me quickly, even though I need to practice to get it straighter. I choose colors to go with my new FANTASTIC Origins papers.

Januari 2 Aren’t the papers totally awesome??? I used the Mojo Monday sketch #120. LOVE this sketch! And I really like how the card turned out, but with some favorite papers and favorite stamps – all are from the Yoo HOOO! set from Firecracker Designs - it had to be something I could like. LOL!

Happy Weekend all!

Tesa

13 comments:

Janice said...

Tesa, I am speechless! Wonderful you remembered those bracelets from 'back in the day', that is what came to mind when I read the challenge too! I love that border (is that ribbon? did you make it?). Gorgeous!

li-bee-ti said...

Tesa, this is superb! I don't think I ever knew how to make it... :) You did a great job with this challenge.
and thanks for your comment. I linked again, this time the correct link...
Have a peaceful and lovely weekend!
Hugs

Maritha said...

Så läckert...
Ha en härlig helg!
Kram

Ulrika said...

Naaaaaw .... allra sötaste lilla ugglan! Jag minns också de där armbanden men skulla INTE klara av att pillra med ett sånt! Inget tålamod alls. Kortet är supersnyggt, papprena är bedååårande! Ha en skön helg!

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable, just perfect, and I like the sentiment, very sweet!!! Great job!!!

Rose said...

WOW!! this is gorgeous and i luv the paper :) way to go making a bracelet!!

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Totally gorgeous!

MicheleV said...

this is a beautiful card Tesa ~ I have to come up with some new words to describe all your fantastic cards!

Laura said...

What a perfect card! I love the friendship bracelets but I never knew how to make one... :) But seeing yours, I want to give it a shot. Original take on the challenge!

Sophie said...

Fabulous card ! Thanks for playing !

Anna said...

I love the saying-the whole card is beautiful, especially the owl and the lace.

La Vikinga said...

Du ahr många coola spetsar på dina kort!!!

La Vikinga

Melisa Waldorf said...

WOW!! This is truely fabulous girly! I LOVE the colors and your shading on the owl is superb. I just started using the copics, they are very addictive.