1/17/2011

My Boy!

Hi folks! Hope your weekend was a good one!!! I had a busy but also fun day yesterday. It was perfect snow for building snowmen and stuff so we spent the afternoon out and ended it with wet socks and hot chocolate. Life is good. Check theese two guys out!!!

2011 jan 15_8056

I have another photo - a photo of me and my boy. My blogging buddy Julie is a smiling and wise woman and she wrote an amazing blog post about the importance of getting IN the photos with our children. Life is short, sometimes too short and we should be part of the story we scrapbook no matter what - if we have a bad hair day or not... I can't express the meaning of this half as good as Julie can so check out her post HERE!!!  

Inspired by amazing Julie I decided to try take a photo a month this year with me and my boy and this is for January.

Januari

I chickened out a little, I phtoshoped away my allergy.... and turned it into black&white. God, I'm vain... Hopefully I'll grow in this! :):):)

I used the photo for this year's first layout! I really LOVE how it came out!!! I got the fabbie BoBunny papers in my DT kit from Scrap-Perra, and all product info can be found HERE (in Swedish).

Min fina pojk

I based the design on Sketchy Thursday's GDT sketch. It's a great sketch, so many possibilities!!!


The challenge was also to incorporate red and/or pink (check), journaling (check) and hearts. I have hearts on two of the papers and there are also two heart shaped stick pins (check).

Min fina pojk detalj 2

Thanks for letting me share! Have a beautiful new week and see you around!
Tesa

13 comments:

Sara said...

Wow, vilken läcker layout! :) Så fin! Tack för att du titta in i min blogg..:) Snart ses vi igen, det ska bli kul!
Pappret jag använt till kortet kommer från echo park "Everybody loves christmas" och det är snögubbar på baksidan. :)

Ha en bra måndag!
Kram Sara

yyam said...

Oh I love the photos...especially your boy and the snowman! :)

Love your fab take on the Sketchy Thursdays sketch! The mix of papers and layers! Just so sweet! :)

Take more photos with your boy! Julie takes a lot of photos! ;)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Have I told you lately that I LOVE YOU!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Well, I DO!!!!! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PROUD of you for taking that photo.... whether you edit it or not... you will NEVER regret doing it!!!!! I think you LOOK AMAZING!!!!!!! And loveeeeeeeeeeeee that snowman photo too!! And your LO!!! WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE the colors and the way you layered!! Thanks sooooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

~amy~ said...

awwww...the pic of your boy and the snowman is fab and I LOVE the one of YOU and your boy.....the layout is magnificent...good for you!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Great Snowman picture with your boy and your layout is wonderful. I know we should be in more photos especially the ones with our kids, unfortunately I am a behind the camera kinda girl. :P

li-bee-ti said...

Oh, fab photos! Your son looks so much like you! and you're both looking great (edited or not, that photo of both of you is so so precious!).
The lo is awesome! I myself wouldn't think of that color combo as a possible one, and look at your layout! FAB!
Way to go for getting yourself into the photo!

Diana Waite said...

GREAT picture! I really like your take on the sketch!

Rose said...

how sweet!!! i LOVE black and white photos ;) beautiful page girl!!

artfuldelight said...

Lovely LO! I love the black and white photo with the with the colors behind it. :-)

Linda said...

Sikke nogle gode fotos og et rigtig flot LO. Kan du også have en god uge.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful! You are so right- I am in very few pictures with my kids- what a great scrapbook page- you are blessed with such wonderful talent!

Diana Fisher said...

I love your page!!! Great little extras all over it! Great heart pin!!

Anonymous said...

Love your page! Absolutely beautiful take on the sketch and such an adorable pic!
Thanks so much for playing along!