10/29/2012

Money holder card/wallet

Hi all! I’ve realized I often begin my Monday posts with a “Happy Monday”! Not so much today.We were  supposed to wake up to snow, but the prognosis was wrong (ironic snort here), we woke up to heavy rain. I’d prefer snow over rain just above freeze temperature any day! Worst part is I have to go out in it. Sigh. First some blogging and a hot cup of Tea. :)

My boy was to a Halloween themed birthday party this Saturday. None of my suggestions for presents were ok, he was insisting of giving away money. I’m not that fond of giving away money but I'm so lame when comes to my boy so I ended up giving in and instead of a present I made the two birthday girls a card to keep the money in using some Halloween themed stamps from The Rubber Cafe.

Money holder card 1

They are quite simple, but a bit 3D to go as both card and envelope sort of. They are closed with a girdle decorated with stamps from the Pumpkin Face Mix-N-Match. Heat embossed and colored with distress inks.

Money holder card 3

The inside keeps a money holder part and a writing spot and is decorated with stamps from the Trick or Treat Set.

Money holder card 2

The boy was happy and the girls liked their cards and the money and they had a blast at the party, so it ended all good. :)

 Hope to see you back here tomorrow when there will be both a new Sketch challenge for Skipping Stones Design and a Heartfelt Creations Alumni Blog hop.

Take care and thanks for stopping by!
Tesa

7 comments:

craftieodmae said...

now these are ust 2 cute!!!! shave a good one!

~amy~ said...

This is a FAB idea...love it!!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Ooh, how fabulous!! Such an awesome way to dress up some bucks! Love, love, love those pumpkins and love the orange against all the black papers. Stunning!
Seems like once the kiddos get older, all they ever want are gift cards and cash. Just the way it goes, I guess. :)

Laurel said...

What a fabulous idea! Love it!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What a great idea and it turned out AMAZING!!! I loveeeeeeee the pumpkins!!!!!!!

yyam said...

Clever! I love how these turned out!:)

Rose said...

awesome!!!! :)