10/08/2012

Happy Day

Hi! Happy Monday!
Today’s card is a heavy one in multiple layers. I had this idea of making a window scenery with both a brick wall facade and some dimension with curtains and wallpaper inside. I really like the result. Though the card ended up a heavy piece…. Modeling Paste sure ads on weight! :)

The stamp set I use for this card is from The Rubber Cafe and is called Window Garden.
Happy Day 2
I started with making the panel, trimming it, stamping the window where I wanted it and cut it out to get a hole, the right size. Then I used my brick wall stencil and some modeling paste and once dried I colored it with gesso. This is sooo much fun!!!
Happy Day 3

I tried to get some dimension to get the feel of a room inside the window. Some scrap paper for wall paper and curtains out of wide organza ribbon tied with thin satin ribbons.


I love this flower bed of tulips. It makes me think of spring. A good thought right now when everything is getting darker... I colored the flowers and the box with Distress markers and did some fussy cutting.

Thanks for stopping by!
Tesa

9 comments:

craftieodmae said...

another beauty hon!!!

~amy~ said...

a*mazing!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! This is AMAZING! I loveeeeeeeeee the wall background, the window, the flowers... just BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! WOW!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow! Holy Cow! This is uh-mazing, Tesa! I loooooove that brick facade, and your window scene is stunning!

Carla S. said...

Fabulous creation, Tesa! Love the layering and details! Amazing design!

yyam said...

Oh wow! This is soooooooo pretty! I love the brick wall texture and the window is just amazing! :)

Rose said...

gasp!!!! girlfriend you are awesome!!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

So pretty! LOVE how you created the brick, and the curtains really add so much!

Diana said...

Really beautiful.