1/26/2012

LESSology Challenge Floral Delight

Hi! Happy Thursday! It’s crazy busy at work – still. Which is why I’m not around as much as I use to and want to. Just so you know. :) And that is one of the reasons I made todays project. A canvas to remember me to BREATH! I'll hang it in my office!

I made it for LESSology's Floral Delight Challenge - to use blooms on your altered project (while including something upcycled!) :)


The flower base is a fabbie crochet flower sweet Libeeti made for me and the topper is a flower made out of aluminum tape, gesso and retro punch with a pearl in the center. Inspiration found HERE. Both the crochet flower and aluminum tape is colored with gesso. There are a lot of gesso on this one!


The base is old newspaper covered with gesso and the clothes pins are also painted with gesso and then stamped and heat embossed and then covered with a thin layer of gesso again to get a soft look.



I really like the pins, they make it really easy to change the message of the canvas - the day I don't need to breath... :)

 
Hope you want to play along with us! All info about the challenge can be found HERE! And I can tell you we have a wonderful sponsor - Vintage Street Market! :):):) And the LESSology blog is filled with amazing inspiraton! What a team! Just saying! :)
 
Thanks for stoppnig by!
Tesa

11 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely stunning. Loving this altered box, the colours and textures.
Hugs
Desire

craftieodmae said...

WOW! Over the top gorgeous!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is sooooooooooooooo GORGEOUS Tesa!! I love love love love love the colors and loving what you did to those pins! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Annika kort & gott said...

WOW, det är galet snyggt!
kram Annika

li-bee-ti said...

Ohhh...ahhhh.... this canvas is STUNNING! so creative with the aluminum tape! I think I'll scraplift it from you!
I'm so happy you used my crochet flower (any need for more?...)
I just love the frosty look of your creaion. I'm staring at it over and over again.. Gorgeous!

yyam said...

This is a stunning project Tesa! Just love all the amazing details here. Awesome textures and patterns...I'm looking at clothespins differently now! :)

Dora said...

Beautiful love the textures the colors just amazing!

Angi Barrs said...

Wow wow wow...love this Tesa. The clothespins are a beautiful detail!

Rose said...

girl this is AWESOME!!! hope it slows down at work for you soon :)

Maritha said...

Så läcker och så många fina detaljer!
Kram

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Love this, love the colors, love the rustic feel, love the clothes peg, love the bloom, I just love everything!!!!