7/20/2012

You Color My World

Hi!

I'm enjoying my week of vacation (I'm sure, this is a pre scheduled post)! :)

I have a quick and easy alter project to share today.



Our neighbors invited us to a spontaneous barbeque party and I needed a quick gift for the hostess. So I took a tin that had once contained tomatoes from our recycling bin and removed the paper and added some of my own instead - beautiful Huntington Garden from Riddersholm Design. With a ribbon, a cut out tag (Fleamarket line from Riddersholm Design) pimped with a dragonfly and sentiment from Dragonflies 2 Clear Stamps Set (Prickley Pear) it was done. Took like 20 minutes. I loooove quick and easy projects!


The dragonfly and sentiment are stamped with Archival ink, Coffee. Look at the amazing pattern of the wings!!! And I love the sentiment. I thought it was perfect for the occasion, she really did color our afternoon (and night as it happened) with the invite!

I filled the tin with flowers from the garden and we were ready to go.


Thanks for stopping by!

Tesa

8 comments:

yyam said...

Such a quick and pretty project! A really fabulous hostess gift!

Hope you are having a great vacation Tesa! :)

Isha Gupta said...

Gorgeous project Tesa. Love it.

~amy~ said...

love the altered can!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS!! I love love love love the peach houndstooth and loveeeee the dragonfly!!!

craftieodmae said...

now that is just awesome!!

Rose said...

hope you are having a great vacation :)

this is awesome and your flowers are beautiful!!! (i kill flowers! lol)

Dora said...

This is stunning!

Janice said...

OMG - now I need to raid the recycle bin.... Just Gorgeous!!!