8/22/2009

Halloween…

…is approaching (well school did start this week which means summer is coming to an end – hence autumn – hence Halloween. Right???) and I’m having fun making Halloween cards.

Where's my treat kopiera

This is the first card and there are more to come! The stamps are from The Rubber Café  and on this card I used the set Where’s my treat Labrador which contains both the cute dog and the sentiment. The background is the spider web You need to dust. I masked the dog and double stamped the web on both stamped image piece and the background paper. To make the web look a little “wet” it is covered with thin lines of crackle accent. It gives a really neat effect.

The design of the card is inspired by this week’s sketch at Friday Sketchers. The challenge over at 365 cards is to layer stamps. Not mask but layer. Suits me FINE! I don’t have any Halloween patterned papers so I made my own.

Happy HalloweenThe Happy Halloween sentiment and the little cute bat are from the clear stamp set Pumpkin Face Mix-N-Match, I’ve also used Halloween Candy and the pumpkin from the Trick or Treat set.

Back to some work, and cleaning, and washing, and…

9 comments:

Celeste said...

Both cards are great. I really love the dog though :-)

Rose said...

both are great! that dog is so cute :)

Janice said...

It's great that you made your own paper, I don't have that patience. Both these cards are fantastic.

Patti J. said...

Holy cow! This looks like my grand-dog!!! I love this image. I will have to go find it!!! Great card - love your layering!

SAM said...

Love the Trick or Treater dog! Like how you carried the web through the matting. Wonderful - Can't wait to see the next spooky card!

Vicky said...

awesome card! your layering totally looks like designer paper!! and the doggie is just too sweet :)

Unknown said...

Love your doggie card and that paper you made is fab!!

Pam said...

Fab Halloween cards -really puts me in the mood for some spooky fun!

Ulrika said...

Hur fina kort som helst! Och labradorstämpeln är ju bara föööör läcker!