8/18/2012

To Grow Old Friends

Hi!

Happy Saturday!

I’m in such a good mood today. It’s Saturday AND we are going off to visit my best friend over the weekend. We are leaving in a bit and I can’t wait. Of course I did her a card and I love how perfect the new stamps from The Rubber Cafe fits this occasion. :)

to grow old friends 4

This card is a CASE of THIS beauty (the second card in the post, the first one is a stunner too, as are ALL the cards on Jean Martin’s blog!). I did it for CASE Study’s challenge #104  to CASE a card from one of the DT’s. FUN!!!

to grow old friends 2

Isn’t the Rose a beauty? :) It’s from the Rose Garden set. And the background is stamped with the new Wood Grain. Yummy!

I had a fun day yesterday too – I saw my first card in print with Northridge Publishing, in the Create: Stamping issue that hit the stands the other day. Wohoo! And another fun thing is my card is on the same spread as a card by my blogging buddy and DT partner Audrey and that is an honor! But – they misspelled my blog address! It ends up at a Spanish Tesa’s blog. Oh well!

We are off, have a FAB weekend1!!!

Tesa

15 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Tesa this is so beautifully designed. Lovely colours and embellishments. Everything works together perfectly. Wishing you a relaxing weekend.
Hugs
Desíre
Doing Life
Digistamps4Joy DT Member
Tammy’s Scrapin Corner DT Member

Olga said...

I love this, and that flower is awesome!

Laurel said...

Stunning card! I love the distressed, shabby feel to it!

Scrapaddict said...

Beautiful, stunning creation! Congrats on the publication!

Rose said...

stunning!!! she is going to love it :)
have a great time!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS Tesa!! I love love love that wood grain and loveeeeeeeeeee the flower!!!

~amy~ said...

Gorgeous...the rise and wood grain are wonderful together! Have a great weekend!!!

yyam said...

This is sooooooo pretty. Love the punched edges and the sliver of lace. Gorgeous!

Aimes said...

So very pretty! I could tell that Jean was your inspiration straight away!
Thanks for CASEing along with us at CASE Study this week! :)
Hugs!
x

Audrey Pettit said...

Ooh, this is stunning, Tesa! A card I could stare at for hours and not catch all the amazing detail! Love the papers and color combo and love the paper pieced flower. So cool how you added a touch of coloring over the patterned paper. Really love the pretty topper and the layered crisp white die cuts. Fabulous sentiment, too!
Congratulations on your first Northridge pub! And how fun that we are on the same spread! I cannot wait to see!! :)

lotte chew said...

very beautiful

Jean Martin said...

Tesa this is absolutely stunning! I LOVE that wood grain on the patterned paper. It's such such an honor that you chose to CASE my card. :)Actually, I think your card looks waay better than mine! lol!

And congrats on your first card with Northridge Publishing! :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

First of all, big congrats on your pub!! I can't wait to get my copy, so that I can see the card :) Love your take on Jean's creation, but I love just about anything you make, so there's no surprise here :) Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

Debby said...

I love the subtle colours and details of your card! Thanks for joining us at CASE study this week :)

li-bee-ti said...

First, congrats on being featured at Create!
As for this card, it is simply gorgeous!
I just love that woodgrain stamp, it gives a wonderful look.