6/19/2012

Miss You

Happy Tuesday!
 
I have a masculine vintage card to share today using some favorite stamps from The Rubber Cafe  and loads and loads of Gesso. :)
 
Miss You 4
 
I started with a piece of canvas textured cardstock and covered it with Gesso. It keeps the canvas but tones down the whiteness to a more vintage looking tone plus it gives some more texture. I then used a brick wall stencil and painted with a second layer of gesso in the upper right and lower left corner to give even more texture.
 
Miss you 3
 
The panel is stamped with Paris Nights Background using Versa Fine Onyx Black. When dried I painted first a thin layer of Gesso over it to tone down the stamped image. Then I went over the edges with a thicker layer.
 
Miss you 2
 
The amazing Camera is from the Vintage Treasure Set and stamped with black ink and then cut out. Can you believe it’s the first time I use this particular stamp from the set??? Well, it wont be the last! It’s mounted on a cut out circle from the Card Labels Set. And finally, the sentiment is from the Fabulous Phrases set.
 
I did this for CASE Study challenge – another awesome card by Joy Taylor to work with this week!!!
 
I’m also entering this in Speedy Fox And Friends Challenge #112  to make a vintage card. (Thanks Patty!)
 
Have a fab day and thanks for stopping by!
 
Tesa

16 comments:

yyam said...

Such an amazing card! Love how you used the gesso to tone down the image...great effect. A really striking card without the use of colours! :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwww! This is GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeeeeee that camera!!!

Laurel said...

What a fabulous card, love the use of gesso!

Angi said...

Super gorgeous! Love that you used gesso! :)

Winnie and Patty said...

Tesas--what a wonderful masculine and vintage card! Great job. Thanks for playing along with us at Sppedy Fox and Friends blog challente this week!

cbuswell said...

Super card! Love it! thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

~amy~ said...

This is fab...I really need to play around with gesso...I really love the look!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

This is TOO cool, girl!!! Thank you for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

Kristii said...

Oh Tesa my friend!!! You are amazing!! I love the techniques you use!!! Absolutely fabulous!

ulrika said...

Supersnyggt! Min lilla hjärna har begränsat användandet av gesso och akryl till mixed media projekt, men det funkar ju uppenbarligen alldeles utmärkt även på kort! Jag gillar det och kommer att prova! :) Kram!

Pat Garvin said...

Looks marvelous. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

Joyce said...

This is such a cool card. It was interesting to read about how you made it, and you used techniques and products I have never heard of. I love the camera stamp. Thanks so much for your comment this morning. I had no idea about my shout out until I read your comment.

Designing with Debbie said...

Wow what a cool card. You don't see these old cameras anymore. Thanks for playing along with us here at Speedy Fox and Friends challenge, we hope to see you again next week. Make sure to check out our challenge with Friends of SpeedyTV or Tutorial Time on SpeedyTV for more fun and more chances to win with Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co.

Maritha said...

Verkligen snyggt!!
Kram

Rose said...

awesome!!!! :)

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow! This is SO gorgeous, Tesa! Love your design and love the images, and your use of gesso is spectacular!