6/11/2012

Hello!

Hope your weekend was a good one!!! We celebrated end of School year with some quality family time, football and a good party Saturday night. Fun!

There will be loads of football the weeks to come. European Championships and two football nerds in the family. Scheeeez! The boy show tendencies to end up just like his father when comes to sports. I see quite a lot of scrap time coming up… That’s the good part with having two fanatics and one tellie!

Today’s card is in my favorite colors – blue and brown. I used one of the new flowers from Prickley Pear’s  Hibiscus 2 Clear Stamps Set and when colored in a turquoise blue it simply had to have a brown background.

Hello damask

I de hoarded a beautiful damask paper from MME for the occasion. Love this paper, soooo beautiful! The brown circle piece is from the other side of the paper, and I couldn’t bring myself to throw the scrap pieces away, so I used the negative die piece for the inside.

Hello damask 2

I stamped the flower twice and colored it with a Faber-Castell Big Brush Pen and shaded it using some water before it set.

Hello Damask 3

To get the same color on the ribbon, I colored a white satin piece with the same Big Brush. I added some paint on my craft sheet and added water to get the lighter nuance.

I did this card for Moxie Fab World’s Damask and Brocade Challenge and I was also super inspired by the AMAZING card of the week over at CASE Study. Joy Taylor is one fantastic card maker!

If you want more Prickley Pear inspiration, the Prickley Pear Blog is filled with this week’s DT projects. And they are simply wonderful!

Thanks for stopping by!

Tesa

14 comments:

Isha said...

Gorgeous card Tesa. Love the color combo and the dimension and of coarse the coloring.

yyam said...

Oh wow! This is just gorgeous! Love the colours and textures! :)

Olga said...

OH WOWZERS!!! Girl this is GORGEOUS!!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Oh my this is absolutely gorgeous Tesa. I love that flower maybe even more than the original hibiscus stamp set.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! This is GORGEOUS!!! I loveeeeeeee the colors and that flower --- omygoodness!!!!!!!! It is STUNNING!!!!

~amy~ said...

Wow...gorgeous!

Dora said...

This is beautiful love your flower!

Audrey Pettit said...

This is SUCH a beautiful card, Tesa! I just LOVE the colors, and your design is gorgeous. Love the shading you did on the flower. And how cool that you colored the ribbon yourself, too. I never would have guessed it wasn't originally that color. :)

Annika kort & gott said...

WOW; vilka färger och vilket underbart fint kort!
kram Annika

cbuswell said...

WOW really gorgeous! Love the blue! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Woweeee! Tesa, you know how to make my jaw drop, girl... this is amazing!!! Thank you for joining us at CASE Study this week! xxx

Wida said...

this is what you call a show stopper!

onecraftymama said...

Gor.GEOUS! The huge gem is such an eye-catcher :)
I found my way here today via Moxie Fab's out & about - nice to meet you!

Cathy A said...

Saw you on Moxie Fab, this is such a pretty card, I love how you have used the rich blues for the flower